At the ALTA Klinik, we carry out comprehensive cardiovascular examinations to assess a patient’s risk of experiencing a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack or a stroke. The specific aim of the examination is to determine the presence and extent of any cardiovascular diseases and to identify any other existing risk factors.
A properly functioning cardiovascular system that is free of any forms of arterial obstruction is essential for our well-being. The development and onset of acute arterial occlusion can result in a heart attack or a stroke that can threaten our lives or cause severe and permanent physical disabilities.
Patients who experience any of the following symptoms are advised to undergo cardiovascular examination:
- Chest pain
- Diminished physical strength and stamina
- Quick onset of exhaustion
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations or arrhythmia
- Loss of consciousness
Cardiovascular Exam to Assess Your Heart Attack and Stroke Risk
- Comprehensive preliminary consultation, including medical history
- Analysis of personal risk profile
- Recording and analysis of any diseases or (nonspecific) symptoms
- Physical examination
- Ultrasound scan:
- Carotid arteries
- Abdominal aorta
- Electrocardiography (ECG) and cardiac stress test + pulse oximetry
- Pulmonary function test
- Blood flow testing: peripheral arterial blood flow, venous pressure
- Complete blood count, including risk parameters for cardiovascular disease
- Comprehensive post-examination consultation
- Provision of a written report summarizing the examination results and including a recommendation for any further course of action
Preparing for Your Exam
- Please appear at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- If your appointment is in the morning, please refrain from eating breakfast.
- If your appointment is in the afternoon, please fast for at least 5 hours before your appointment.
- Drinking non-carbonated water, coffee and tea (without milk or sugar) is permitted.
- You may take your medication as accustomed.
- Your stay will last for around 3 hours.
- Snacks and beverages will be served.
Including consultation and medical report
- With complete blood count: EUR 730
- Without complete blood count: EUR 470